Pages

Sunday 16 November 2014

Say Yes! to Recycling


Recycling should be a good enough reason to get creative. We tend to accumulate a whole lot of plastic bins over time. But you can decide whether it goes to the land fills or to recycle and re-use.

Here is a simple example of how to transform something as mundane as an ice cream tub into some pretty looking storage. We can all say yes to recycling and show mother nature some love.

What you need:
-ice cream tub
-scissors
-glue
-leftover wrapper or any pretty paper. I have gorgeous poppies on a pastel pink background

How to make it happen:
1.  Cut the pretty paper to fit the tub. Circle for the lid and a rectangle for the container. It does not have to be perfect. But wrap the paper around the container to get an idea.
2. Apply glue on the surface of your tub and stick  the pretty paper on (I used Fevicol -School Glue)
3. Wait for it to dry 


Tada! Your recycled dubba!



I left the blue rim on a for a pop of contrast. And I like how it turned out. :)

PS: Initially I thought I would use some ribbon as a trim, but figured it looked perfect without. 

Happy Recycling!

No comments:

Post a Comment